This recipe is ideal addition to your healthy pregnancy diet, packed with nutrients and will keep you going all afternoon as well as being delicious and simple!
This is a real ‘meal in a bowl’ – with lots of ginger (our favourite addition to help combat pregnancy nausea) and noodles for a robust and filling lunch. Easy to prepare, with lots of lovely veggies and a good addition to your pregnancy menu plan!
1 yellow (or green) pepper
1 large (or 2 small) courgettes
Handful of finely shredded cabbage leaves or spring greens
200-250gms of cooked chicken
1 nest of rice noodles
1 litre of good quality chicken stock
Root ginger – about 3cms, grated
1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
A tablespoon of oil – preferably sesame oil
- Finely chop the onion. Cut the carrots, peppers and courgettes into chunks.
- Saute the onions over a medium heat until they start to soften and add the peppers, carrots and garlic. Continue to cook for a few minutes, stirring so the garlic doesn’t burn. Add the chopped courgettes.
- Allow the veggies to sizzle together for a minute or two (without browning) before adding the grated ginger and stirring well.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer until the veggies are cooked.
- Add the cooked chicken and finely shredded cabbage leaves and continue to simmer until the chicken is thoroughly heated through and the cabbage has softened.
- Drop in the nest of noodles and continue to simmer for a few minutes to allow the noodles to cook and absorb the flavours.
Add a finely chopped chilli if you prefer a more fiery flavour – but leave it out if you’re suffering from pregnancy heartburn and prefer a more mild dish! This is a great way to use up the leftovers of your roast chicken dinner – make the stock with the chicken carcase for extra taste.
Super Supportive Maternity Activewear
All day, every day, any activity, maternity activewear…ready, steady, shop🏃♀️