Want a refreshing and delicious drink for your healthy pregnancy diet? Try elderflower cordial, packed with prenatal vitamins and so tasty!
Elderflower cordial is a refreshing non-alcoholic summer-time drink. Thirst quenching, delicious and perfect for your healthy pregnancy summer party. Elderflowers have been used medicinally for centuries as they are rich in antioxidants and healing properties – but avoid the leaves, sticks and roots as these are toxic.
1 ½ kg of sugar
1 ½ litres of water
50g of citric acid
25-30 elderflower heads
- Measure the sugar and water into a large pan and bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Slice the lemons thinly into a large bowl or pan. Check the elderflower heads to make sure they’re clean and bug free but avoid washing them as this removes some of the essential aromas. Add to the bowl with the citric acid.
- Pour over the cooled sugar syrup, cover and leave overnight to steep.
- Strain and pour into clean bottles.
- Serve with sparkling water, ice and a slice of lemon.
Cheers! Here’s to a happy, healthy pregnancy!
Don’t sweat – sparkle!
Look good, feel good, work out. Maternity exercise clothes to style your active pregnancy 🏃♀️