Wondering what to eat while pregnant for your prenatal vitamins? Try this delicious carrot and ginger salad for essential nutrient and a beta carotene hit!
Ooh we love this recipe! Carrots are the perfect source of beta-carotene, so important for your healthy pregnancy diet. Just one portion of this salad will give you more than the recommended daily amount to beta-caroten AND it’s teamed with fresh ginger to help combat pregnancy nausea!
4 large carrots coarsely grated
2 spring onions finely chopped
2 tbsp of sesame seeds
4 tsps of finely grated fresh root ginger
4 tbsps sunflower oil (rapeseed oil or peanut oil both work well too)
6 tbsps rice vinegar
3 tbsps soy sauce
2 tsps soft brown sugar
A few chives for garnish
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan until golden brown.
- Mix the carrots, spring onions, sesame seeds and grated ginger in a bowl.
- Make the dressing by combining the oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce and sugar and stirring vigorously.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients, mix well and serve.
- Garnish with a few coarsely chopped chives