Looking for a convenient energy boosting snack for your pregnancy diet? Try this wholemeal ginger muffin recipe; simple, yummy and great for nausea!
Oooh we love this ginger muffin recipe, naughty but nice and ever so easy! The ginger is soothing on your stomach if you’re suffering from pregnancy nausea and the coconut oil is a healthy alternative to butter. Some studies suggest that coconut oil can help with heartburn during pregnancy too!
255g wholemeal flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1.5 tsp ground ginger
0.25 tsp ground nutmeg
115g brown sugar
3 tablespoons of black treacle
170 mls milk
85g coconut oil
handful of sultanas
handful of raisins
3 pieces stem ginger chopped
- Pre-heat your oven to 180F
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the fruit and stem ginger together.
- Beat together the sugar and eggs, then add the treacle, coconut oil and milk, mixing well. Add this to the dry ingredients and stir in the fruit and stem ginger.
- Make sure the mixture is thoroughly mixed and divide between your muffin cases. Bake for 15-20 minutes until firm and golden.
Recipe supplied by inspirational FittaMamma Melanie Grant who discovered these delicious muffins when she was suffering from pregnancy nausea!
Bun in the oven? Time for some yoga!
Unroll your yoga mat whilst the cakes are cooking! But keep your bump, back and boobs supported whenever you exercise