Healthy pregnancy snack – almond muffins
Try these delicious fig and almond muffins for a tasty healthy pregnancy snack! Yummy and will provide you with a vitamin E and calcium boost.
A delicious little treat to include in your pregnancy diet – these muffins are easy to make and make a nutritious pregnancy snack that’s easy to transport. Pop one into your gym bag for extra energy before or after your pregnancy exercise session. Almonds are high in calcium and rich in Vitamin E.
2tbsps of rapeseed oil
250g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
170g dark soft brown sugar
100g chopped dried figs
60g chopped almonds
60g ground almonds
1 egg, beaten
- Prepare a muffin tray with 12 muffin cases. Preheat the oven to 180C
- Mix the flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl
- Mix the chopped figs, almonds, oil and milk together and add the beaten egg. Stir well.
- Add the fruit mixture to the flour mixture and give it a good stir. Don’t worry if it looks a bit lumpy!
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cases – they should be about two-thirds full.
- Pop into the oven and cook for 20-25 mins until well-risen, golden and firm to the touch.
FittaTip! Use wholemeal flour for extra fibre if you’re suffering from pregnancy piles.
Delicious treat (sorted) Fuel your work out!
Regular exercise benefits you AND your baby. Treat yourself to some fab maternity fitwear