Tasty muffins healthy pregnancy snack!
Need a healthy pregnancy snack or breakfast to go? This muffin recipe is a delicious and easy addition to your healthy pregnancy diet, with added bran for extra prenatal nutrients.
Makes: 12 small muffins or 8 big muffins
50g (2oz) bran flakes cereal
160g (5.5oz) self raising flour
55g (2oz) soft dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon baking powder
285ml (10 fl.oz) apple juice
55g (2oz) butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 apples – peeled and grated
Handful of sultanas
- Preheat oven to 190C / Gas mark 5.
- Grease muffin tin, or line with paper cups.
- In a mixing bowl, combine bran flakes, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and baking powder. Stir in apple juice, butter, vanilla, and apple.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes and leave too cool and then enjoy!