If you’re suffering from pregnancy morning sickness and can’t face preparing breakfast, mix this up the night before and simply add the fruit when you’re ready to eat. It’s our favourite breakfast for first trimester Mammas-to-be!
This packs a good bowlful of essential pregnancy vitamins combined with the nutrient-rich benefits of chia seeds. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, fibre and antioxidants, chia seeds are also a good source of protein – they’re well worth including in your healthy pregnancy diet.
Handful of baby spinach leaves
1 ripe banana
2 cups of coconut milk
1/3 cup of rolled oats
1/4 cup of chia seeds
1/2 mango (or use a generous spoonful of mango puree)
1 firm pear, peeled
Handful of raspberries
- Blend the spinach, banana and coconut milk until smooth
- Stir in the oats and the chia seeds and mix well
- Cover and leave in the fridge overnight, which will allow the oats to soften and the chia seeds to plump up and adsorb the moisture
- Peel and roughly chop the mango, and arrange on top of the oat mixture
- Spiralize the peeled pear and layer on the mango
- Top with a handful of raspberries
Good just as it is, this perfect pregnancy breakfast is even better with a generous dollop of natural yogurt for added taste and extra calcium.
Spiralizing the pear makes it look pretty, but roughly chopped pear will taste just as good!
Stay active in style!
Shop maternity exercise clothes specifically designed for an active pregnancy 🏃♀️