A heathy breakfast to keep you energised! Packed with nuts and served with fruit is a yummy boost for your essential pregnancy vitamins as well!
Packed with lots of lovely nutrients for pregnant women and avoiding the high sugar of so many shop bought varieties this easy, peasy granola recipe is delicious as well as super good for you. Make up a batch and store in an air tight container to sprinkle on your morning fruit, mix with yogurt or serve with milk. A great energy boost as part of your healthy pregnancy diet. Yum!
2 cups of rolled oats (ideally the wholegrain variety)
¼ cup each of sunflower seeds, golden linseed, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and chia seeds
1 cup of pecan nuts roughly chopped
½ cup of ground almonds
1/3 cup of cranberries
½ cup of coconut oil
½ cup of smooth peanut butter
¼ cup of water
1/3 cup of runny honey
- Preheat the oven to 1800C or 3500 F.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the coconut oil, peanut butter, water and honey. Add a little more water if the mixture is too thick.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix well until the nuts, oats and seeds are evenly coated.
- Spread the mix over the baking tray in an even layer – use two baking sheets if necessary. You don’t want the layer to be too thick.
- Roast in the oven, stirring regularly so you have an even golden brown. It shouldn’t take more than 15-20 minutes but keep checking and stirring.
- Remove from the oven and when cool, transfer to an airtight container.
Ring the changes by using different nuts – almonds work well, or choose mixed nuts. Use goji berries or raisins instead of cranberries and include them half way through the cooking process if you prefer them to stay soft. Try using maple syrup or agave instead of honey.
Healthy breakfast (sorted) Get ready to shop!
Good food and regular exercise benefits you AND your baby. Shop now for fab maternity fitwear